The Renal Society of Australasia
The Renal Society of Australasia (RSA) aims to advance the care of people with kidney disease and to be the peak body for renal nursing and related allied health professionals by:
- providing professional development for renal nurses, related allied health professionals and other relevant parties
- communicating knowledge and information about kidney disease and associated treatments
- advocating for the interests of nurses, health professionals and people with kidney and/or associated diseases
- supporting practice development, research, quality improvement and innovation
- setting standards for nurses and health professionals caring for people with kidney disease
- doing all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the Objects.
Financial membership is open to individual health professionals and company employees. Membership is drawn predominantly from nursing professionals but also includes technical and allied health professionals. Branches of the RSA have been formed in all states and territories of Australia as well as New Zealand.